Everyone loves Christmas and that goes double for the World’s cutest pet!
Our bunnies entertain us every day of the year! even when we’ve had a less than a fun day at work the enjoyment we get from these selfless animals can really brighten up a dull evening!
Sadly our lovely buns can be gone from our lives too soon, despite a lifespan of 8 -10 years, they are delicate animals and prone to health issues which means this can be drastically and unexpectedly reduced leaving us wishing we could have spent more quality time with them. The lesson is clear, we should NEVER take our bunnies for granted, every moment we get to spend with them is a blessing and we should try to spoil them as much as possible while they are here!
Fortunately, Christmas is a good excuse to add a bit of extra fun into our pets lives!
Rabbits have their own individual personalities. Some are playful, some boisterous, others are inquisitive, some love to dig, others seem to love relaxing flat out on their blankets (or our beds!).
Whatever your rabbit’s personality we’ve found some great presents for them to enjoy this Christmas, why not wrap a little gift up so you can share the perfect Christmas morning together?
OK, before we get onto the gifts how about a little something to keep them in? We found the perfect stocking here (we really love this !) its dimensions are 7.87 X 17.52 inches so its plenty big enough to fit plenty in!
Take a look through our gift guide below for some great rabbit gift ideas, there are plenty more but these are just some of our favorites for 2019…….
Gifts for Playful Bunnies
1. Winniguineapoo Rabbit Hay Feeder Hay Roller Toy
For those bunnies that love food-based fun! Fill this with their favorite hay and watch them go!
- Rabbit Hay Stuffed Treat Toy That is Reusable. Stuff it with your own hay and treats to keep the fun going!
- Timothy Hay Toy for Bunnies Guinea Pigs Chinchillas * Hay should be at least 70% of your pet’s diet
- Encourages Exercise and Foraging Behavior * Small Pet’s teeth grow continuously. Hay is the best for your pet’s dental health!
- Bunny Enrichment Toy that Provides Mental Stimulation and Prevents Boredom
- Exciting Way to Serve the Most Important Part of Your Pet’s Diet
2. Original Activity Zone Rabbit Toy
Bunnies love this one. They will play on top of it, hide under it, play with all the toys and finally crash out underneath it! It can be put in your bunny’s enclosure or kept in the living room as “bunny furniture”! Great for rabbits up to 8 lbs!
- Approx 12″ wide, 16″ deep, 11″ high
- Safe Non-Toxic Wood
- Safe Non-Toxic Coloring
- Available in the USA!!
3. Kaytee Toss & Learn Carrot Game
Rabbits seem to love throwing their toys about so we think this gift is a winner! The Kaytee toss & learn Carrot game easily mounts to any wire cage and will encourage interactive play during treat time! Hide treats under the carrot chew toys and then enjoy your pet’s enthusiasm to discover the treats. All attachment hardware and 3 carrot-shaped wood chews are included.
- Mounts to pet habitat wire
- Hardware included
- Promotes hours of healthy activity
- Includes a wooden game shelf, 2 mounting bolts & nuts, and 3 carrot-shaped chew toys
- For rabbits, guinea pigs, or other small animals
4.Hamiledyi Pet Bunny Play Mat
- The original and best! A fun chew and scratch toy.Size:10.2″x5.9″x1.5″.
- Made from pet-safe materials including seagrass and corn leaf.Combination of crunchy textures to help clean and trim teeth.
- Hours of fun for your bunny!Great for playing and nibbling, help prevent boredom.Can promote the instinct of pet chewing, but also can exercise your pet’s body and agility.
- Suitable for guinea pigs,squirrels,squirrels,rabbits,parrots,hamsters,chinchillas,gerbils and other rodents.
Gifts for Comfort-Loving Bunnies
1. IKEA Doll Bed
This one is probably IKEA’s most popular product amongst rabbit owners! if you’ve not seen dozens of pictures of buns enjoying these doll beds you may have been off-planet for a while!
An amazingly well-known product within the rabbit community and perfect for our comfort-loving friends! Couple this up with a cozy fleece blanket for the ultimate in rabbit comfort!
2. Niteangel Bed and Hide-Out
The perfect durable hidey-hole for your bunny to sleep off its Christmas dinner! We like this because, unlike dog beds which are sometimes used for rabbits, it’s durable and splash-proof and can be easily washed.
- Small Animal House Bed – Ideal for Guinea Pigs, Rabbits, Bunnies, Ferrets, Chinchillas, Degus, and other small pets.
- 2 in 1 foldable – You can use this as a cozy cave to hideaway or flattened the roof as a mat for comfy cuddling. In winter, it’s better to add a blanket to it for keeping warm.
- Durable Design – Made by Splash-proof oxford surface fabric and inside with upholstery firm foam, to prevent scratch from your small pets, skid-resistant bottom surface in order to keep from sliding. Comes with easy-clean & removable snuggly inner pad
- Cute Home & Washable – Lovely Pattern attracts your curious pets to hiding and relieves their stress from surrounding to keep well-being. Available to Wash by Hand or Machine
- Big enough for 2 Guinea Pigs or 1 Adult Dwarf Rabbits. Measurement:13.3 x 10.2 inch
3. Rabbit Animal Themed Bed
What else can we say! Perfect for Christmas!
- Made of warm and soft fleece, it’s lightweight and comfortable.
- Nice shed for its heat preservation to keep your squirrel, chinchilla, guinea pig, rat away from the cold, especially in winter.
- Machine washable for easy cleaning.
- Maybe more suited for the smaller dwarf breeds.
Gifts for Energetic Bunnies
1. Kerbl Agility Upright Jump
Bunnies love to zip around at speed but have you ever seen them high jump? Rabbit jumping is a sport all in itself so if you’ve got a particularly energetic pet why not try it out for yourself!
- Jump Height adjustable on 10 cm, 15 cm, 20 cm, 25 cm and 30 cm
- Dimension: 70x5x35cm
- With plastic handle
2. Tespo Pet Playpen
Energetic bunnies can be a handful but once you’ve opened all your Christmas gifts together it wouldn’t be kind to put them back in the hutch. This playpen (although perhaps not strictly a gift) will allow you to give your rabbit a time out. You can also fill it with all the new Christmas toys you’ve bought!
Gifts for Inquisitive Bunnies
1. Winniguineapoo Rabbit Activity Zone
This is perfect for those bunnies that simply love to chew! it’s handmade and includes several textures and flavors that will keep your pet interested for hours!
- Seagrass, Organic Coconut Fiber Rope, Loofa, Vine Toys, Woven Palm, Apple Sticks
- Natural Rabbit Activity Mat with Lots Of Chewing Potential
- Relieve Stress and Boredom while Encouraging Natural Chewing Behaviors
- Beautiful Gift for Bunny Lovers
- Interactive Toy with Lots of Places to Add Forage or Treats.
2. Trixie Snack Board Logic Toy
Think you might have a clever little rabbit Einstein on your hands? This is a great one for stimulating those bunny brain cells!
- board with 7 lids: the rabbit has to lift the lids to get the treats
- species-appropriate exercise and mental stimulation
- trains the skills
- made of robust plastic
- with tips and tricks for optimal training
3.Tokihut Wooden Rabbit Toy Castle and Playhouse
A cool place for your rabbits to relax after christmas dinner, this play castle and hide
- Rabbits have tons of fun zipping through the bridge, eating snacks on top of the towers, and taking long naps inside!
- Made out of untreated birch wood. Holds up to medium breed rabbits jumping, playing, and sleeping!
- It takes less than 10 minutes to assemble – no need for any tools! This set ships and stores flat. Our functional design allows you to simply slide all parts in place for a sturdy house.
- Created and crafted in Chicago by a bunny mom of 4.
4. Bunny Chew Tree
For bunnies that love to chew, we love this tree. Made from natural materials with carrot decorations it’s a great way to let them indulge their passion for chewing without ruining your furniture!
- A fun chew and scratch toy.
- Made from pet-safe materials including seagrass and corn leaf.
- Hours of fun for any bunny!
5. BinkyBunny Tunnel Haven
- An amazing cardboard tunnel that stretches, twists, and turns!
- expands in width and stretches to over 5 feet! Simulates a burrow feel that bunnies love!
Gifts All Bunnies Will Enjoy
1. Bunny Lawn Fresh Grass Mat
Winter can be terrible for grass lawns and your bunny will be looking forward to fresh summer grass! Until then though we’ve found this, it’s a cultivated patch of fresh grass your rabbit will absolutely love, and when he’s finished chomping through all that delicious grass, he’ll probably enjoy a good digging session too!
- Real grass for your bunny to lounge and laze around on!
- All-natural, real grass and can be used indoors or outdoors.
- Perfect for other small animals as well like guinea pigs, hamsters, and hedgehogs!
2.Hayrabbit Premium Orchard Grass (Fresh from The Farm)
Rabbits should be getting good quality Timothy Hay everyday however this is something a bit special! Think of it as the bunny equivalent of our Roast Christmas Turkey Dinner, delicious and nutritious and your rabbit is sure to love it.
- Premium Orchard Grass for Rabbits, Chinchillas, and Guinea Pigs.
- Orchard Grass is perfect for Small Pets who are Allergic to Timothy Hay.
- Orchard Grass keeps Small Pet’s digestive tract functioning properly.
- Made in the USA and packaged by hand to ensure the highest quality.
3. Niteangel Timothy Hay Grass Treat Chew Toy
- Timothy Hay Treat: Natural Grass Hand-woven toys. Comes in a fun carrot shape that can be hung in the habitat for your pet to paw and bat.
- Perfect to interact, can be used Inside or Outside of the pet cage/rabbit hutch, hygienic and convenient.
- Rich in High-quality Fiber, it Aids digestion & keep teeth trim, relieves stress, and prevents boredom as a chew toy.
- Supports Small animal’s overall health, No Artificial ingredients, Edible and Free from Plastic parts absolutely.
4. Snugglesafe All-Weather Extending & Bendy Bunny Warren
Rabbits love tunnels. Of course, there are many different brands available, most of them made with cats in mind rather than rabbits but this one is what we consider to be the very best of the bunch. It’s specifically made for rabbits and as it’s plastic it’s completely waterproof meaning it can be used outside even on wet ground.
- Flexible stretchy bending tubing
- Boredom buster
- 76cm x 20cm
5. Organic Chew Toy
- Rich and high in fiber, made from natural organic apple sticks and other safe material
- Promotes healthy teeth
- These apple chew sticks help grind down their constantly growing teeth.
- Comes with a metal ring to hang from the side or top of the cage to keep them clean.
And there you have it, we’re sure that somewhere amongst this lot there’s a gift or two that every rabbit will be able to enjoy! Remember A carefully wrapped gift to show them just how much we appreciate our rabbits is the least we can do at Christmas, after all, they are part of the family! A gift doesn’t have to be expensive but it will surely be appreciated by your pet!